Thursday 8 September 2011

Surprising news

I had another good session in the pool yesterday - 500m (breastroke) in 18mins. Felt good and got out only because I'd arranged to have lunch with MWNN at the local lavender farm.
        Click for larger image
Sunflowers, with lavender from our own garden.
I'd had some very surprising news regarding my late mother's estate in the morning post and was keen to talk things over with MWNN as well as avail of the £2 for 5 pick-yer-own sunflowers' deal. The farm is soon closing for the winter and it's not certain that it will open at Christmas time again because of the lack of heating in the tea barn.

MWNN and I had a delightful lunch, filled paninis and salad with pots of tea for just £9 for the two of us. The salads were generous and the paninis really stuffed with filling. I then gathered my sunflowers while MWNN walked Ron up the farm track to the Icknield Way.

I'm almost sure that I'm going to use some of Mum's legacy to re-do the patio sitting-out area. She loved sitting out there when she visited and it would be a fitting memorial to her. The garden is SSW facing and gets the sun almost all day so it needs an area of shade as well as total refurbishment of the hard-standing.