Sunday 7 August 2011

The wonders of Technology - The Event Part1

Screenshot showing the video link (pm)




I  woke late on Saturday and found an email  informing me of the arrangements that had been made at The Event.



I was able to 'attend' the talk on the importance of doing research; The Devil Is In The Details, thanks to Skype and the equipment set up by Audio_n_Video.




Then it was lunchtime and I had a good view of the room in which the Event has been held for the past four years (there's the new banner I had printed for this year's change of name).

While everyone was out to lunch, I moved the laptop to a downstairs room in readiness for the afternoon session.




The first session was a really excellent presentation on vidding which covered both the artistic and technological constraints of making a music vid. Note to self - checkout Beat Sync software.






Next up was a presentation on Fanpoetry. This programme item revealed a flaw in  Skype that hadn't been considered when the equipment was set up. The video image is really small and I found it impossible to read the poems on the white screen. Even when the poem was read, I didn't have the text to follow the discussion and couldn't really take part in the practical part of the workshop. Note to self - make handouts available to 'virtual' Event members in future.