Saturday 6 August 2011

The Event

I was feeling very sorry for myself about having to pull out of WriterConUK's Event this weekend.


Then bogwitch (The Goody Bag Queen) came over  on Thursday evening to collect some of the things I'd had printed for the goody bags. We had a quick 10 minute 'catch-up' chat in which she agreed to see if  I could attend the workshops I really didn't want to miss via Skype. And - she'd brought  my goody bag.

We limit the membership numbers each year and one of the  things this enables WriterConUK to do is provide for the preferences of each attending member. Goody Bags are 'tailored' to each recipient. My particular favourite in this year's bag was this coaster that Bogwitch had made for me. For those readers who don't recognise the character, it's Granny Weatherwax from Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels.


I know that I made the right decision not to atttend as, after only ten minutes conversation, I had another coughing fit that left me exhausted.






ETA
- I found more lovelies in the bag of sweets - love hearts