Monday 15 August 2011

That works out nicely then.

I can haz English plums
I had a visit from Sue from my knitting group (also a member of Singing Aloud) on Friday. She'd mentioned that there was a bumper crop of plums on her plum tree and I'd asked if she had any to spare (you know my weakness for plums).

We had a lovely 'knitting session' in the conservatory and caught up with one another's news. (We hadn't seen one another since the concert on July 15th.) She had been to Fibre East  (I had a ticket but was too ill to attend) and brought some of the yarn and patterns she'd bought from Sparkle Duck. She's already started her Christmas knitting (lots of lovely lacy shawlettes) and says she has far too many projects in her Ravelry queue.

We talked about the lovely atmosphere in our knitting group and how we were both looking forward to out 'away weekend' near Sea Palling later this year on 4th of the month. I had a minor panic when I realised that I'd just booked a family holiday week in Southwold beginning on 5th.

Everything was soon sorted and panic subsided when Sue admitted that she'd been worried about wanting to leave early on Sunday 6th, before the final workshop. (She is driving us over on the 4th)  Sea Palling is only an hour's drive from Southwold so MWNN can come and pick me up on Sunday afternoon after the flower-arranging session. I'll miss only one night in the 'gite' and, if the weather is fair, Sea Palling will be a nice day-out for MWNN and Ron.

Postsctipt - That pile of plums has already GONE. They are truly scrumptious.