Sunday 31 July 2011

Not again!




No sooner had I discovered Amber Keemun in bags in Twinings Clearly Refreshing Range, than it's discontinued. I don't think any other tea supplier provides it in tea-bags and I'm under strict instructions from MWNN not to buy any more 'special loose teas'.

We looked in Sainsbury's the day I picked up my meds but it was out of stock. I searched online and the only place I could get it was in the Twinings' online shop, where it's on special offer - because the 'Clearly Refreshing' Range is 'sadly discontinued'. Needless-to-say, I stocked up.





This isn't the first time that I've been disappointed by a supplier withdrawing a line just after I've discovered' it. There was Sainsbury's High Fibre Cornflakes, Sainsbury's Italian Tomato Ketchup ("Sainsbury used to do one they called "Italian" ketchup - that was the nicest I can remember.") and Ben and Jerry's Vanilla or Strawberry Ice Cream (not strawberry cheesecake ice cream)



Clearly, we'll  have to eek out the last of the Clearly Refreshing Keemun - at least until MWNN has forgotten the 'no loose tea' edict. Perhaps  I should encourage him to read some of Laura Child's Teashop Mysteries to remind him of the delight of freshly-brewed leaf tea.