Saturday 24 July 2010

When the Boy's away

Yesterday, MWNN went into town to attend the 'leaving do' of a former colleague. I don't know what came over me but I decided the house needed scrubbing to within an inch of its life.

I started with the clearing and cleaning of all surfaces in the lounge and dining room. This is not a quick job as all my crystal glasswear is on open shelves on the oak dresser. Every piece needed washing and drying before I could clean the dresser and put the stuff back.

Then there was a mound of laundry to be put away and ironing to be done. I hate ironing but I also hate putting clean, crumpled shirts and blouses in wardrobes and ironing one piece at a time when the item needed.

After that, I vacuumed all the floors on the ground floor, including the conservatory which gets very dusty at this time of year. I was in the garden cutting flowers to bring indoors when the phone rang. As I sprinted to answer it, I spotted MWNN in the front gardem. mobile in hand. He'd been there for sometime but I hadn't heard to doorbell.

So then I was knackered and it was MWNN's turn to cook dinner.