Wednesday 21 April 2010

There were a couple of unforseen bonuses on our trip into town to have Ron's eye attended to by the vet. Afterwards, MWNN drove me to the Library to put up the knitting display. When I phoned him to collect me afterwards, I asked him to bring the camera which I had left behind in the rush to make the vet's appointment time.

After I'd taken the photos and spoken to a potential new knitting group member, MWNN decided we'd have lunch at The Radcliffe Arms as he'd skipped breakfast and was hungry. We'd been meaning to try the menu since the pub re-opened as a 'gastro-pub, bar, cafe' last year.

We both had the set lunch - two courses for me, three courses for MWNN.

MWNN had a pint of Buntingford Ale (which was perfect) and I had diet coke. MWNN's starter was smoked salmon and prawn salad. There was tons of smoked salmon which was excellent and the smoked prawns were smokin'

We both had roast lamb, potatoes, and brocolli for our main course. The presentation was excellent - everything piled into a little mound. Flavours were light and fragrant, the lamb tender and perfectly-cooked, the brocolli was crunchy.


The desserts were excellent too - orange panacotta for me, vanilla cheesecake for MWNN.

The total bill came to less than what we would expect to pay for a set lunch for one person in a reasonable restaurant in France.










The ambience is nice, food was excellent, service good (apart from the waiter forgetting to bring our dessert order). The Radcliffe is certainly a venue I would consider re-visiting.