Thursday 8 April 2010

Belated Easter Meal

We didn't have the traditional Easter meal this year as we're running down the freezer for cleaning and are eating our way through the contents. Sunday's dinner was sausages. I'd bought chocolates but, with one thing and another, we didn't get round to them until  Tuesday evening when I served fish pie made from the last of the food in the freezer.

I'd had a bottle of Cremant d'Alsace (gold medal) in the fridge since Sunday so served it with the fish. The cremant was unusually bubbly, almost as if someone had dropped an alka seltzer into the glass. It went very well with my rose and 'violent' creams.

Unfortunately, 1.5 glasses gave me a massive hangover the following morning despite the gallons of orange juice and water I drank through the night. This does not bode well for the cruising season.