Friday 9 April 2010



Bag completed at home on 'Sewing Wednesday', with lining, handles, and facing tape. Quite pleased with the result. The whole thing was made from scraps of fabric I'd had in my stash for years.















It's lined with red cotton fabric and red facing tape to give a nice finish.













The handles were stitched three  times - first, upside down to the outside of the bag - then underneath the folded hem and lining tape joining the outer fabric to the lining fabric - finally stitched again using a decorative 'square' of stitching, above the first row of tape stitching, on the outside of the bag.


It's quite roomy inside and should take a fair few hardback books. It was described as a 'book tote' in the pattern notes.



I'm quite proud of the 'boxy' bottom corners in both outer fabric and inner lining.










Now to cut the pieces for the bag I will make during the last two sessions of Sewing Class  - the one in which I learn to set in a zip.