Thursday 22 October 2020

Levant II in Southwold

 


Spent the day at Southwold the Denes Beach. I parked Levant II in the estuary carpark, paid for a full day, then set off with Alf for his first walk of the day.





We walked to Gun Hill and back. There was a lot of activity and many opportunities for greeting furry friends. One little pooch was at the water's edge for the whole of the walk. Alf played with her for a while but she was reluctant to leave the shoreline nearest the Estuary. I suspect her owner was sailboarding to and fro.












 





I'd never seen a hydrofoil before until a couple of shots captured the board well clear of the water. There was a small tent at that end of the beach. I think that may have sheltered more of the family from the strong winds.















After about an hour we made our way back to Levant II and lunch. I set up the benchseat so that there was a good view if the Estuary and Walberswick. 









After a share of my lunch and a drink, Alf settled down for a nap, but not before checking out the car that pulled in beside us.








For much of the afternoon, it was warm enough to keep the rear door open. The interior was well sheltered from the wind and the warmth from the sun came in through the triple glazed window. The van was parked beside a rubbish bin and, everytime someone posted rubbish under its lid, the gulls came in for a scavenge. Alf watched, with great interest, and in silence, the big, noisy, flappy things that he couldn't resist chasing a long the beach. 






Alf has been quite subdued on the beach walks this trip. I think he is worried because I'm still in quite a bit of pain. He's very reluctant to venture far from my side.

Marie and Mary arrived after their walk, and offered to take Alf for his second stroll to Gun Hill Beach Kiosk and back. He was constantly turn8ng and looking for me. I'll have to do some work boosting his confidence as I begin to regain my stamina.



Add caption






Marie and Mary then returned to the house to catch up with the Cricket in India. Alf and I stretched out for some afternoon tea and a rest, watching the tide roll in. We even caught a glimpse of a seal making its way up river as the sun began to set. I knew there would be no chance if capturing it on film, and was content to watch and enjoy the end of the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment