Friday 17 October 2014

Journey down the Thames






I booked into The New Inn, Lechlade earlier this afternoon.

The car park is accessed through the old coach entrance. My room is on the first floor above this entrance, overlooking the  car park and river.













The New Inn is an ancient coaching inn backing on to the banks of The River Thames.















Before settling into my room, I had a quick tour of the Market Place, beginning with the river bank at the rear of the hotel.











I picked up a few things from the supermarket opposite the hotel and read the information board alongside.










Then I made my way into the church tucked away behind Market Place. The alleway alongside leads to Shelley's Walk, through the churchyard.














The church of St Lawrence is lovely, both inside and out.














The church is very welcoming. I like the touch of humour in this notice.








There was an organ practice taking place inside. Judging by the comments in the visitors' book, this is a frequent occurrence.