Tuesday 25 March 2014

Fitness training



My last session with my Personal Trainer revealed a total lack of muscle tone in my left  tricep. I had no problem raising a 3kg dumbell to position 1, but after I'd put it into position 2, over my left shoulder, I couldn't raise it up again - at all. The right arm had no such problems and could have coped with a heavier weight.







During an Aquacise class yesterday morning, the instructor offered some Speedo Aqua fitness gloves. I decided to give them a go and concentrated on working my upper arms throughout the session, giving my knee a rest from it's recent flareup (arch support must go back in the right shoe for a while).





It's a bit like having webbed fingers. The gloves provide more resistance as you work the arms throughout the exercises,














I'm just beginning to feel the benefit of the workout on those arm muscles this morning.











Final session with my PT is on Thursday. Then it's off to the delights of the Suffolk coastline for two weeks' relaxation and lots of walking.