Saturday 31 August 2013

I'll have the cake with

a cherry lavender on top.

Fairy Cake with lavender icing.
Yesterday, a small group of knitters from Hitchin Stitchin' met at Hitchin Lavender Farm for a couple of hours of knitting with tea and cake. As there was no Victoria Sponge, I opted for a small sponge cake topped with lavender icing - yummy, I mean really yummy.

Linda, Joyce, and me 

There were four of us. The other three had never visited the lavender farm before, so I took them on a tour of the lavender fields before we settled down to tea and coffee (free refills) and cake.

Me among the nightingales sunflowers


Sue with Sunflower-friend


The lavender was almost all gone and the sunflowers all looked a bit rain-battered. Nevertheless, we really enjoyed our meeting and agreed it would be good to return next year when the lavender was in full bloom.