Tuesday 2 April 2013

Jazzy Jumper


I finally used up the Noro Kureyon yarn I've had stashed away for about two years. I tested a new (to me) pattern - a top-down, seamless, crew-neck jumper.







I finished it just in time to wear while watching the Boat Race on Easter Sunday.


The neck and cuffs are finished in Posh Sock-weight yarn (held double) in a complementary solid colour.



















It worked out quite well, but I don't really like the neck. Hand-knitting a seamless crew-neck makes it quite difficult to produce a tight enough neck that will stretch enough to go over the head.

Undyed Blue-Faced Leicester Aran.





I used the Raglanify app to make this and will try the V-neck version when using the beautiful Natural Blue-Faced Leicester yarn I bought recently.







Seamless knitting is so relaxing. I am useless at seaming my work. This way, each garment looks like a professionally-finished one.