Saturday 2 February 2013

Weird

but wonderful.




On Thursday, I gave my new, waterproof mp3 player its maiden voyage. Thirty minutes in the pool at the Nuffield Health Club flew by as I was 'floating in a most peculiar way' listening to some of my favourite tracks.

I had a little trouble getting the ear pieces to stay put. Even with my goggles' strap holding them in place, the force of the water knocked the pieces from the upright position, thereby reducing the sound. Perhaps it's because the connecting band is too big for my head. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. I might try a swimming cap next time.






Swimming while listening to music was even more relaxing than just swimming. There was less conscious effort in the stroke as I concentrated on the music. I even started to sing along (while breathing out underwater) to "Two of Us"


You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead.