Friday 9 November 2012

And .....


another fabulous day in Suffolk.



A sunny morning at the beach ended with tea watching the cloud bank gathering inland. Tea was followed by a drive to the town of Halesworth where I met two women who were in the 'Popup shop' on its first day, demonstrating carding and spinning and selling hand-dyed yarn.


After strolling the shopping street, we pitched up in Wicked Number 10 for lunch. I have to say it was quite lovely. An entree of baked goat's cheese, onion marmalade & rocket salad, followed by Japanese chicken curry for MWNN and steamed lamb 'pudding' for me. No fast food here and everything was worth the wait. The chef was mortified that my steamed pudding broke as he turned it out of its dish. He may have lost a Michelin star for that with an Inspector but I wasn't complaining. Our waiter was Nigel Kennedy's twin doppleganger - I kid you not. He seems to have spent most of his adult life fending off Kennedy's fans by signing his (Kennedy's) autograph.

I'm heading to Norfolk later today for an 'away weekend' with my knitting group. It's a pity that Halesworth is too far for a trip to meet the artists of Magpieandme.