Saturday 13 October 2012

Now

that's great customer service.

New Lanark Online Shop - New Lanark Mills is proud to support British wool production

I ordered a vast amount of yarn for the Camus wrap featured in yesterday's blog entry. Camus needs 4 colours. For the background, I chose natural black, for the vertical stripes and fringe - cherry red. for the other two stripes, I ordered Ochre and Blue Loveage. When the order arrived, I noted that the colour Loveage (pale green with blue flecks) had replaced the Blue Loveage. An email to New Lanark was answered within the hour, with an apology, a request to keep the Loveage for the inconvenience caused,  and a replacement Blue Loveage already packaged and ready to go to the Post Office.

The following morning, while I was at knitting group, the Blue Loveage arrived, just in time to work it in the Camus pattern.

This is an a fine example of how customer services should respond.

How very different from Purely Gadgets, from whom I ordered (via Tesco Direct) a smartphone on 28th September. The order was marked as 'confirmed' on Tesco Direct website and a humungous amount of money debitted from my credit card. ETA was 10th October, well outside the 2 - 5 days promised by Purely Gadgets. I should have read the reviews of this company before I ordered the phone.

To cut a long story short, the phone didn't arrive on 10th. There was no communication from Purely Gadgets and, after a couple of emails cancelling, then re-affirming the cancellation, did I receive a reluctant cancellation notification. I wait to see if the refund materialises within the promised 2-3 working days.

Well done New Lanark  customer services (Janice)