Thursday 23 August 2012

Sweet Reward

My knee is almost perfect. Physio is very pleased with my exercise regime and has added some 'advanced' strengthening exercises. We are now working towards strengthening both right and left leg muscles and core.

My gym session after the physio appointment yesterday - 10 mins on bike at 80% maximum heart-rate level. Then workouts on rowing machine (straight legs), leg press repetitions with 25kg, leg curl with 15kg, and floor exercises. (BMI) is now 23.6 and I'm feeling much more comfortable in my clothes.


After all that exercise, dinner was a healthy balanced main course of fish (tuna salad for me, prawns cooked in garlic butter with mushrooms and rice  for MWNN)  followed by home-made pancakes with blueberries, strawberries and creme fraiche.

Strawberries, blueberries and creme fraiche pancake.

The first pancake (pictured above) was a little overcooked because the pan was too hot. Nevertheless, it tasted good and needed no additional sweetning. MWNN  added Cointreau and honey to the fruit in his pancakes.