Friday 19 August 2011

Music

has always played a large part in my life. I can judge my physical and mental state by how much time I devote to it each day. One of my favourite arias is from The Magic Flute. When I was a child, I longed to be able to sing it. I soon learned to leave it to the professionals.
Click through for video
One of the first versions to really nail the aria for me was June Anderson's in the film 'Amadeus'. As one of the comments on youtube says she "appeals to the classical AND the non classical ear simultaneously."
Click through for video
In my quest to find a voice that is  "crystal clear, ... perfect pitch, no exaggerated vibrato, I searched youtube and found Rita Streich. This is probably my all-time favourite.

Click through for video


I fear that my childish rendition was closer to that of  Florence Foster Jenkins that was used in an episode of The Muppets.  As one reviewer says She's in tune, just in a different dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment