Thursday 24 February 2011

Every breath you take

Singing is good for you.;

I know this.




That's why I asked a friend to come and 'drag me out' on Tuesday evening if I made any more excuses not to go to Singing group. I'd already missed two weeks because I 'didn't feel up to it'.






Well, gentle reader, I survived. We learned a new song (South African protest song)


and polished up 'Tracks of my Tears. I also laughed - properly - for the first time in a long time.

And there was cake.


A member brought a birthday cake from work to test how well the packaging coped with commuting. It didn't. But the cake survived and I even got to bring a slice home for MWNN.

And the icing on the cake for me - I'm singing during the day again, which is an indication that things are getting better.