Friday 25 February 2011

Chinese New Year


Thursday was the first Red Hat event I have attended since before Christmas. It was the last day of the Chinese New Year celebration period. Over 30 Red Hatters met for a Buffet Lunch at the Dragon King restaurant.

I found myself on the 'overflow table' with four other latecomers (although three of us weren't late). That suited me very well as I didn't feel robust enough to be in the middle of the large group on the main table.

The buffet is very much an 'eat all you can' for less than £6 a head and the food is quite wonderful. I over-piled my main course plate a bit and had to leave some food to make room for dessert.

At the end of the meal, we sang 'Happy Birthday' to two members. No sooner had we finished than the waitress asked if we'd like the staff to 'do the birthday song'. We agreed and were surprised when she returned with two dessert glasses full to the brim, topped off with a birthday candle. The poor birthday gals were already stuffed with lunch.

So, life is slowly getting back to normal and equilibrium re-established one step at a time.