Monday 4 October 2010

The Cool Kindle

There is so much more to the Kindle than I ever imagined. The first 'plus' is that I have found and downloaded the complete collection of Thomas Hardy's poetry. Goodness knows how much it would cost to own a paper copy (even if one could find such a thing), but I am really thrilled to be able to carry it with me wherever I go.

 Amazon provides links to online collections of free e-books (published before 1923), searchable by topic,  including such gems as letters from WWI trenches. I also have a growing collection of the lesser-known works of Jane Austen, the Brontes, Anthony Trolloppe, as well as some 'forgotten' authors who are not catered for by Amazon. The Guttenberg Project collection also includes some works with images and even some audio books in mp3 format.

This is such a versatile device.  It looks so cool in its burgundy leather cover. I am totally besotted.