Friday 6 August 2021

Learning to adjust.

 

I'm still yearning to be on the water. Apart from the luxury of much more living space, the feel of water moving beneath the floor is one that no van can replicate. 



I don't know how to move forward. I've added to the van equipment a pair of mugs - Levant and Levant II, to remind me of what I once shared with Eamonn, and help me accept my life without him.





Levant, on the beautiful river Moselle, at Epinal, France.

Eamonn used to call our time aboard our 'other life', one full of mindfulness, lived at a natural pace. A boat is part of the journey of life and becomes part of the watery environment.








Levant II in the parking spot on the Icknield Way, Hertfordshire.

The campervan is also about the journey of life, but the travelling part is not as important (nor as enjoyable) as are the places in which one stays for a while to experience a natural pace of life.






Both boat and van offer the opportunity of experiencing new things, meeting a bigger variety of people, and appreciating nature.



No comments:

Post a Comment