Saturday 31 July 2021

Something Shifted

 

Both Alf and I really relaxed on our two days at St Neots. 


Alf played with Lettie and Bow every time he met them. 












At the end of the day, he played with his rat. He slept like a log, as did I (apart from the bruised knees and painful shoulder).



 





On Friday morning, we both slept in. It was a good thing that the only chore to be done before leaving was to unplug the electrics.



It was over lunch on Thursday, at The River Mill, that something shifted for me. I felt relaxed and could enjoy the day, the weather, the environment, in a way I haven't been able to do for years. I stopped thinking ahead and enjoyed the moment.


It was wonderful to know that the river was a few yards away from Levant II. Memories of cruising mingled with the sheer joy of the mature woodland and waters.

I had an uncomfortable night last night, thanks to the bruising and headache, but I awoke this morning without the usual panic attack. I hadn't had any bad dreams for three nights. Perhaps ..... 





I had a go at painting by numbers after clearing the van this morning. I was quite disappointed by the difficulty caused by shaking hands. The wobbles grew less towards the end of the hour I had allotted to the activity.











Getting out of the house and meeting new people has really done me good, as I knew it would. More than that, there's a glimmer of a new me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment