Friday 16 July 2021

Levant II is back

 


I didn't realise how much I missed her until she came back, yesterday evening. The workshop that had rebuilt the bumper and mended the reversing sensors kept it for so long that it was washed and polished for free. She's looking good.





I had a bit of a change around in the interior. Last month, I bought a self-inflating mat from Aldi. It's short enough to fit the crossways bed space. That, together with a recliner cushion, a quilted sleeping bag and my lovely French Quilt (from Galleries Lafayette) make a rather luxurious sleeping platform,








The new layout gives more seating space and a more open feel to the interior.

There is a large underbed space which houses a pull-out box containing cooking and dining equipment, First Aid box, and emergency car stuff.








The workshop did a great job on the bumper. It looks brand new, and the reversing sensors are firing on all cylinders. 












Both bumpers have been painted so it's difficult for me to remember which side of the van was damaged.




I was hoping to do some 'wild' camping next week but will wait until the heat dies down before trying an overnight. In the meantime, I'll see how fast I can get the cab AC re-gassed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment