Tuesday 17 September 2013

Revised tactics

seem to be working.

Yesterday, I had a great workout in the pool. Forty five minutes of Aqua Aerobics with maximum effort and no wheezing. I took the precaution of having a couple of puffs of Ventolin before we started. As a result, I was aching (in a good way) in my thighs, biceps, and triceps. Triceps are worked in a number of ways, the best method, imo, being the use of 'floats' which act in a similar way as weights do on dry land. The use of floats is combined with other exercises, such as jogging and jumping rather than performed alone as  in this instructional video.







I also discovered that I'm quite good a 'water running'. Amazing really, as I'm rubbish on dry land. It  pleases me to read that water running burns more calories than land running, and has the added bonus of no stress on joints. Mind you, it's running in slo-mo (or it feels like slo-mo) because of the resistance of the water.






After two weeks using my revised fitness tactics, my BMI is down to 24, size 12 clothes no longer feel tight and my lungs are much, much happier. Moreover, I'm feeling happier about exercise and am beginning to make friends at the gym

Things are definitely looking up.