Tuesday 17 July 2012

The Daughter was right

She said that knee problems were often caused by weak bum muscles. According to the new Physio at the Health and Fitness Club, I have a muscle imbalance in the right leg - caused by the battering said leg has experienced since the first fall from a tricycle as a toddler.

Nike Ladies Team Lite

In preparation for the Physio's prescription of gym work to rectify the problem, I bought a pair of trainers (80% discount) online. Again The Daughter was spot-on with her recommendation of a light-soled pair with none of the bells and whistles needed for running.

I had hoped that the trainers would arrive before I left for the gym on Monday but they were late (arriving ten minutes after I left the house at 12.30, despite leaving the delivery depot (about 2 hours away)  at 6.15am.) The parcel contained a pair of Nike Ladies Team Lite, and a surprise Sports' Direct mug that holds about a gallon, making the trainers look smaller than they are (UK size 12)

The trainers fit perfectly and are very comfortable. I shall be in the gym, rather than the pool, for the rest of the week. Next week, I have a session with my swimming coach to see how I can accommodate the need for 'no knee rotation' during my swimming sessions (breast stroke).