Monday 30 April 2012

Rain rain go away

Come again another day. (Medieval English rhyme)

I can't help but wonder if my prediction last month that 'the sun will disappear as soon as we put up the new sunshade' has anything to do with the recent run of heavy rain storms?

Or, the fact that I've finished making the new sun canopy for the back deck of the boat?

Yes, you can blame the bad weather on me if you want, I don't mind.

MWNN reckons that the weather will change on the Summer Solstice (June!) just as it did last year (except last year, we had lovely sunny weather from the beginning of April and the rain didn't set in until June 21st).

My money's on the sun making a re-appearance as soon as the winter canopy is finished and the new solid fuel stove installed.

ETA - Knitting wooly winter socks in front of a log fire yesterday seems to have done the trick (temporarily).Today looks set to be sunny and dry.