Tuesday 3 January 2012

2012 Posh challenge




Despite having two WIPs on the needles (both very close to the finishing line so I'm not worrying), I cast on the first of my Posh Challenge socks on January 1st.






My knitting is quite loose so I always have to go down a couple of needle sizes to make socks to fit my small feet. Using 2mm circulars is very hard on the fingers for the first few 'rounds' when the stitches are in danger of twisting. Once the ribbed cuff is complete,  progress is snail's pace slow in any pattern other than stocking stitch.

So Monday's Mayfair Socks are a very basic sock to start the challenge.





Socks in Posh Yarn



I've already made two pairs of this pattern (in 2010) and am hoping that my confidence and speed will increase so that I can try more challenging patterns for the rest of the week's socks.