Thursday 17 November 2011

Today I be mainly grateful

for my new bed.

For years I've dreaded the return to my bed in my study/bedroom in the winter (the room is too hot in the summer) because it had become increasingly difficult to get a good night's sleep. I decided it was time to do something about it and ordered a new bed.

While awaiting the new bed's arrival, MWNN dismantled the old bed. We took the matress to the dump yesterday but the frame is awaiting the recovery of the very good pine structure before the remainder is discarded. It's on its side in the conservatory. The date 2/12/83 is clearly visible on the underside of the storage compartment. No wonder it was so uncomfortable.

The new bed is a small double and takes up very little more space than the single it replaces. It's very comfortable and, with the winter douvet in place, very warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment