Wednesday 24 August 2011

What I did on my holidays

My room is on the top floor, both windows beside the ivy
Click through pics for larger versions.



The trip to Dansefield Spa Hotel went without a hitch, taking just over an hour and ten minutes (not including ten minutes to take on fuel and another 5 for roadworks in Marlow). I was early, check-in wasn't untill 3pm so I was pleasantly surprised to hear that my room was available at 12.35.











Tierney Suite


The conscierge carried my bags up and showed me the connecting 'bridge' to the Spa building at the end of my corridor.

I was in the Tierney Suite (thank you again TOTKat and N0rm) which, as you can see, is very comfortable indeed.











The view from my room was over the front courtyard.







Danesfield House is beautiful, inside and out. The lounge has the feel of a 'grand country house' with service to match.








Room service lunch
 



I arrived early as I was keen to have a light lunch and a swim befor my massage at 4pm. I ordered lunch from room service.