Friday 24 June 2011

Viruses and their effects

I managed to sort out the problems on the laptop but am left with the task of reinstalling all the Dell utilities and drivers as some of the devices are not working properly (i.e. graphics card and integral webcam). Were the problems caused by a virus? I have no idea. I suspect not. I think I may have been over zealous with a disc clean and deleted some essential dll files.

What I do know is that I have finally twigged that viruses are the trigger for my asthma and now for eczema. I have a heavy summer cold and it is the eczema that is giving me the most grief at the moment. I've had decades of coping with the congestion on the lungs when I have a cold but this itching is a new experience. I usually take a really hot bath when I feel the first symptoms of a cold but the advice is for 'luke warm' baths during an eczema flare up and I'm a novice at managing the symptoms.

Hey ho. Off for a spot of reaxing knitting, Then it's bed for me today with some lemon tea - the laptop will have to wait for its utilities.