Friday 3 June 2011

I love my Kindle



I took it to the boat and read the following (during breakfast and at night) over nine weeks.







Trollope
Domestic Manners of the Americans (Fanny)
The Belton Estate (Anthony)
An Eye for an Eye (Anthony)
The Man who kept his Money in a Box (Anthony)
Ralph the Heir (Anthony)
Harry Heathjcote of Gangoil (Anthony)
Miss Mackenzie (Anthony)
The Vicar of Bullhampton (Anthony)

Gaskell
Half a Lifetime Ago
Lizzie Leigh
A Dark Night's Work
Wives and Daughters
The Poor Clare
The Half Brothers
The Moorland Cottage

M. E. (Mary Elizabeth) Braddon
Lady Audley's Secret


 Bronte
The Tennant of Wildfell Hall (Anne)

There is no way that 17 books would have been carried in my suitcase, nor is there room for that many on the bookshelf on the boat - not to mention they were all free from various web archives.

I also had several 'Friday Play' podcasts from the BBC which I was able to listen to through headphones. I have to admit, I listened to only 2 as we were so busy.