Saturday 12 March 2011

Spring Cleaning Part II

At this time of the year, along with the urge to clean, comes the need to tidy and reorganise (something to do with birds and nesting instincts). I started in my yarn cupboard, or more accurately with the WIP bags, and was pleasantly surprised to find that there were only two projects in need of finishing - one just requires weaving-in of ends and a popper sewing in place - the other has a part-finished button band to complete.

There are two 'queued' projects (I have the patterns and the materials but haven't yet cast-on). One is a pretty baskeweave stitch bag that is embelished with embroidered flowers, the other is a cotton table runner with a scalloped edge.

My yarn stash boxes are now neat and tidy and there is even space for more should I be tempted by any of the Posh Sunday Sales before we head for France. I've made a list of the WIPs and Queue in my diary so that I don't forget about them.

Disclaimer - I may or may not have as much yarn as in the illustration. Some of mine is stored under the bed and there are only two storage boxes and two project bags in my cupboard.