Wednesday 9 February 2011

Cape of Good Hope




I decided to make this once I’d received the February consignment of Posh Randomness Club yarn - Elinor Aran in Hustle (top section). I also used Posh sock yarn in complementary colours and Posh Sylvia Aran in bright (red) contrast.






I added to the top panel by an extra chevron repeat using the row which has 186 sts and includes k6 as the repeat pattern. Then I made a deeper, narrower neck band by continuing the decrease until k1p1rib achieved. I  knit 3 extra rows before casting off. This gave a perfect fit to the neck and a 'Chinese jacket' effect using two frog fasteners in a leaf design.





I'm really, really pleased with how this turned out. It's possibly my best project to date.

I felt very accomplished when I saw how well this hangs and the colours lifted my spirits from the dark tunnels of yesterday. I think it will be great to wear this while playing bodhran.