Saturday 13 November 2010

Little things make me smile



summer2010 053
Champagne N. Potié
MWNN brought home an envelope addressed to me which had been delivered to the Port de Plaisance. It contained the Christmas gift list from the champagne house in Conde sur Marne where I'd tasted (and bought) the Blanc de Blancs and Rosé. I'd really like some more for Christmas but it would break the bank to have it shipped over in small quantities. I will make do with the birthday champagne(s) MWNN brought back from the earlier trip to the boat.

I got quite a thrill (and a huge grin) from receiving the list anyway because I'd forgotten that Madame the Proprietress had asked for my address and accepted the boat as our French residence.

MWNN was home in time to take me for my blood test on Thursday. I was relieved because I always feel giddy afterwards and was worried about driving back from the surgery. I asked the phlebotomist if there was a test for alcohol intolerance but she didn't know what I was talking about when I told her about my reaction to regular wine drinking.