Monday 1 November 2010

I have my bodhran

A 14" Rosewood Glenluce Deluxe Tuneable called  Brian (don't ask!)

I got a good deal from the music shop because this model was an 'end of line' and old stock that was imported before the price rise was implemented on the database. A total of £20 was knocked off the ticket price and Brian was mine well within budget.

Brian is smaller than the one I have on loan and I'm already feeling comfortable with him, but the skin is in need of 'breaking in' like a new pair of leather shoes.

On another note, I'm off to the asthma clinic this afternoon. Had my flu jab on Friday and the nurse took my blood pressure - 122/64. She booked me in to the asthma clinic and I know I'm not going to like the outcome as the chest has been playing up for a few weeks. I'm going to resist any suggestion of change/increase of medication and ask for some suggestions about how to clear my lungs of the sticky stuff that is proving resistant to all my attempts.