Tuesday 28 September 2010

A haven of peace and beauty.


Last week, the weather was really glorious - sunny and warm. Each day it was a delight to take afternoon tea in my favourite sitting-out spot beside the shrubs that provide colour all year, especially in early autumn.





My Red Hat Lady Rose was covered in one last flush of blooms that opened to greet the bright light and really enjoyed the odd downpour between the sunny intervals.


I'm crossing everything that I can keep this bush healthy and happy in the large planters. I must replace the water barrel soon as it is old and cracked and I've had to use hard tap water to keep the roses hydrated on those days when there was no rain.





The Autumn flowering hebe has, once again, flowered througout the year and the clematis has just finished a second flush of fragrant pink blooms.