Sunday 31 January 2010



The first consignment of Posh Cashmere Club arrived yesterday. It's 100% pure cashmere 4ply, hand-dyed in Wales, colourway Burns Night. When I first opened the parcel, I panicked a little. It said 'socks' to me and I couldn't think of anyone who could wear long cashmere socks without scratching. Fortunately, I remembered a pattern I have in my queue waiting for suitable yarn.







Saroyan is the third pattern in a series inspired by the television show 'Bones'. Knit in one piece from start to finish, Saroyan is a perfect project for beginning lace knitters. It was written for aran weight yarn but is shown here in 4ply. Before I cast on, I have to wind 400yds of delicate cashmere and work out the number of repeats I can do for each section of the scarf without running out of yarn. The pattern is beautifully written, with a diagram showing its construction and the percentage required for each part.