Friday 29 January 2010

Began my day with a slice of ciabatta, home-made made and baked in the oven last night. With some orange juice, fresh fruit, and a pot of Ceylon tea, breakfast was delicious.


It was the first time I'd used the 'dough' setting on the bread machine and I was a little worried that the weighing scales was a little less than accurate as its battery is dying. The result was a very good rustic bread, but I wouldn't call it ciabatta, and I don't think it's worth the effort of finishing the loaves off by hand. The bread machine consistently produces bread of this quality - in tin-loaf shape.




The remainder of the first ciabatta loaf was consumed at teatime, with some Irish Butter and French Dalfour blackcurrant jam. There's another loaf lurking in the background that may survive until tomorrow's breakfast. Boiled eggs and soldiers anyone?